Your website is the face of your business. Whether you handle software design or pizza delivery, your website needs to be great to increase awareness of your brand. There are some things you can do to make your website design work for your brand management.
- Make your web design simple. When you are dealing with websites, simplicity is your friend. You want it to look good but it needs to be simple. Your message and the images you use to get it across need to be simple and straightforward. People need to be able to see what it is that you do and what services and products you sell right away. You only have a few seconds to get people’s attention and to get your point across. If your site is too busy or has graphics that take a long time to load, you will lose visitors and miss out on business. If you run a software design company, you need people to get an almost instant feel for your services when they go to your website. As your website is a direct reflection of your brand, you need it to come though almost immediately. Approximately 46% of internet users say that they judge a company’s professionalism by their website.
- Your site needs to load quickly. When a webpage takes four seconds or more to load, the bounce rate jumps to 100%. A site that takes eight seconds to load or longer will see a bounce rate that reaches 150%. The importance of having a site that people will see cannot be overstated. Moreover, you need to make sure your site looks great on mobile devices. In 2013, the number of people who access the internet from a mobile device than from a computer. When companies design a site that looks good on mobile devices, at least 62% saw their sales go up.
- Show off what you do. If you are selling any kind of service or product, show off your great work. If you do software design, you want to have examples of your work and testimonials about what it was like to work with you. Your website is the place to show off your best work and to promote yourself. Remember, you do not have all the time in the world so use your website to showcase your best work. Put up your most popular products or services. If you try to highlight too many products or services, you will not get attention for any of them.
- Make sure your site can be accessed by a variety of people. You need to think about how your website can be accessed by people with disabilities. People with problems such as color blindness or other visual difficulties should be able to access your site. Making it accessible to the largest number of people will help your bottom line. Think, too, about customers whose internet connection is slower. Rural internet users may have slower internet connections.
- Think of the user experience when your organize your website. If you want to make sure search engines find and index your website properly, you will want to have it organized correctly. Most of the visitors to your website are not going to read all of your text. They will skim it. They look at headlines and may read though some of the text. If a consumer is looking for software design, they will want to see examples of your work and maybe something about your company’s philosophy.
- Content is still king. When it comes to your social media marketing and website, good content will drive people to your website. Updating your site with new content that is full of your target keywords will make a difference in where your site pops up in search engine searches. Your content needs to be good quality and needs to be helpful for your customer or client base. Always keep your customers’ needs on your mind. You should know what most people are looking for when they come to your site and buy your products or services.
Your website is the face of your brand. You need it to be top notch to help raise awareness of your company.