For one reason or another, people are switching jobs more than ever.
There are many reasons people leave jobs including:
- Lack of motivation: According to a Gallup poll, only two in 10 workers believe their manager is doing a good job of encouraging them to do their best work.
- Lack of recognition: Nearly 86% of companies with employee recognition programs cite an increase in worker happiness.
- Bad Fit: Many executives feel a failed hire, aside from performance issues, is poor skills match.
For those in need of work, there are many benefits of a temp job.
- You get a chance to improve your resume and learn new skills.
A lot of times, you get hired faster because companies want to fill spots quickly.
- Another one of the benefits of a temp job is a chance to get your foot in the door. Depending on where and when you’re hired, you might quickly climb the ladder at that company.
- One of the other benefits of a temp job is that it can give you career direction. If you’re unsure of where you want to go career-wise, a temp job can at least give you some idea of careers that are available to you.
- Another one of the benefits of a temp job is flexibility. You usually work hourly and can go home at the end of the day. If you work overtime, that means more money in your paycheck.
Whatever the reason, workers leaving their jobs in such great numbers leaves companies with lots of spaces to fill.
If your company has some vacancies and is looking to fill out its staff, employment agencies can be a big help. Here are four ways of how staffing agencies can help you succeed.
- Cost: Using staff agencies to fill your positions can result in much lower cost than hiring staff and going through the application process yourself. Not only can staffing agencies take care of the entire hiring process, they can also take care of everything related to the hiring process such as background checks, drug testing and any sort of testing that might be required with a particular job. When it comes to savings, one reason how staffing agencies can help you succeed is helping to cut expenses related to payroll processing and administering benefits.
- Retaining Employees: Another example of how staffing agencies can help companies and those needing help finding work is that companies who use temporary workers get a chance to observe those workers and their abilities, work ethic and quality of work before deciding whether or not to hire them.
Each year $11 billion is most due to employee turnover and 57% of organizations view employee retention as a problem. Getting an observation period helps companies find quality in their employees and ultimately it should help reduce staff turnover.
- Knowledge is Power: Many staffing agencies have high levels of expertise that in some cases exceeds the average company’s HR department. While recruiters and employment managers are good at what they do when it comes to filling vacancies, but it can be a costly and drawn out process at times.
The services provided by staffing agencies are on par with many recruiting services without high costs. Those who work for staffing agencies have a high level of knowledge related to trends in employment and knowledge of a wide variety of jobs. Depending on what industry you’re looking to find employment in, there are staffing agencies related to certain fields such as health care that can offer help finding work.
- The power of networking: Rather than a company having to advertise or post their vacancies, another example of how staffing agencies can offer help finding work for companies and employees is their ability to network. Staffing agencies might have good relationships with certain companies or particular workers where they can send workers to those companies. Having those relationships helps companies get quality temporary workers or full-time employees. It also helps because vacancies can be filled a lot quicker.
Between their ability to network, their wide-ranging job expertise, their ability to lower hiring costs and their ability to help companies retain quality employees, there are many benefits to using a staffing agency the next time your company has vacancies to fill or you need help finding work.