The new job is very exciting. You have finally gained the vice president title that had alluded you in your previous job, you have reached the salary goal that you set for yourself, and you have an opportunity for profit sharing that you have always wanted. Along with all of these benefits, however, comes a different set of responsibilities and requirements. You have more monthly leadership meetings, you travel more for sales kick off events across the country, and there are many other ways that this job is different. One of the unexpected differences, literally put a smile on your face. Just two weeks into the new job, you had to go visit a local photographer’s studio so that you could have a professional headshot taken.
Professional headshot photographers specialize in corporate headshots so companies can have the needed images on file when it is time for company updates and press releases.
Professional Corporate Headshots Are Common for Many Companies
Not all employees need to get professional headshots for work, but by the time you reach the vice president level it is likely that you will be asked to visit a professional photography studio so your company has a photo on file for digital announcements and more traditional press releases.
Not surprising, the quality of a professional headshot can impact how people interpret a person and a company. Consider some of these facts and figures about the important role that photography plays in today’s society:
- The latest research indicates that it takes only one-tenth of a second for someone to form a first impression of a stranger from a face alone.
- 80% to 90% of first impression are based on two qualities: trustworthiness and competence. A headshot photo, for this reason, needs to instantly relay these two qualities.
- Marketing research indicates that LinkedIn profiles with photos receive 11 times more views and 40% more inMail responses than profiles that do not include photos.
- People share 730 billion photos a year on Facebook and around 22 billion a year on Instagram, according to data from Benedict Evans.
- Even small changes made to the same individual’s profile picture could result in a dramatically different first impression, according to a Psychological Science study published in the June 2014 issue of Psychology Today.
- Impressive, but not necessarily surprising, the number of photographs captured every two minutes today is same as the number of photographs taken by all of mankind in 1800s.
Headshot photographers offer a number of important services for companies of all sizes by providing digital images that are quickly available for everything from website biographies and press releases. Professional headshot photographers capture your best self so that your picture can make the right first impression.