Tamper evident clamshell packaging solutions help consumers know that the products they are buying are safe. This method, in addition to many other kinds of retail packaging, not only keeps consumers safe, but also help patients easily keep track of the medicines that they take. By simply marking the start date on a medication card, for instance, it is easy to keep track of the daily doses that a patient needs to take.
From box labels to tamper evident clamshell solutions, the packaging industry continues to help food, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical vendors make sure that they are providing reliable and trusted products to their clients and customers. Providing both safety and a sterile product, the use of the latest packaging techniques can help vendors deliver a reliable product.
In addition to safety and reliability, another new trend that is impacting the packaging industry is the move toward environmentally friendly products. Green packaging, in fact, is a way that vendors of pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and other industries are using to meet the demands of the most environmentally friendly consumers, customers, and patients.
Consider some of these facts and statistics about the latest improvements in the plastic packaging industry:
- 45% of consumers indicate that they have purchased a product because the packaging was environmentally friendly, according to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights study.
- 66% of consumers indicate that they have tried a new product because the packaging caught their eye, according to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights study.
- 14% of consumers indicate that they feel that brands are making an effort to improve packaging to satisfy consumer needs, according to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights study.
- 26% of respondents indicate that the packaging of a product is extremely important to their overall satisfaction, according to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights study. This percentage is an increase from 18% in 2013.
- 52% of people around the world indicate that they make purchase decisions partially due to packaging that shows a brand making a positive environmental and social impact.
We live in a society that demands safe products, but we also live in a society that is increasingly aware of the environmental impact that packaging can have. It should come as no surprise, then, that a growing number of consumers are demanding that the products the buy are responsibly packaged.