As a business owner, getting the right personnel and maintaining them is critical for the success of your business. But employee retention is still one of the biggest challenges in modern business operations. About 22% of new hires leave their jobs within 45 days of being hired while 57% of organizations view employee retention as a problem.
If your business is constantly experiencing labor change, hiring the services of a temporary employment agency can help you deal with employee turnover and fill your vacancies with qualified candidates — without going through the long and often costly recruiting process.
This article is going to look at the key benefits of working with a temp agency and how to choose the right temp agency.
Selecting the Right Staffing Agency for Your Business
Dallas temp agencies help to link qualified candidates to their right employment opportunities in different job industries. Some of the common temporary or short-term job opportunities include receptionists, administrative assistants, sales associates and computer experts.
Depending on the job position you want to fill, some Dallas temp agencies will help to recruit specialists and experts for specific posts. Find an employment agency that understands your industry better if you’re looking to fill an expert position.
For applicants and potential candidates, working with Dallas temp agencies can improve their chances of securing a job. Best yet, these agencies don’t charge application fees instead the costs are incurred by the potential employer. This makes it easy for anyone who feels qualified enough to apply without having to worry about associated costs.
All a job seeker needs to do is apply for their respective job position and wait to be shortlisted by the agency to advance into the next step of recruitment — screening and interview.
A recruiter will assess the candidates’ qualifications, skills and experience and determines if they are the best fit for a particular position. If the candidate passes the interview, a recruiter will either take them through basic training or have them assimilated directly to the positions they applied for.
Many Dallas temp agencies will offer training, which is particularly important as it helps employers avoid the cost of training new employees. If you’re are seeking a job through an employment agency, there are key things you need to remember:
- Most temp agencies will not charge for application
- Employer will bear the cost for job placement
- Training is often offered but not all agencies do that
- Both the employer and employee benefits from working with a temp agency
- What perks are offered for short-term positions
- Employer can decide to retain a short-term employer for a permanent job position
Benefits of Working with a Temp Agency
Businesses that look to work with temporary employment agencies stand to gain a lot. Here are three main benefits that make temp agencies an ideal solution when it comes to recruitment and staffing.
- Some grey areas can trip up a business looking to fill a temporary job position. To avoid these potential pitfalls when staffing it’s recommended to hire the services of a professional agency to avoid legal issues resulting from staffing. A reliable temp agency not only has an eye for qualified candidates but also ensures that the recruitment process is done in accordance with the Labor Law and Employment Act.
- Another important benefit temp agencies offer businesses is reduce employee turnover and the associated costs such as hiring a new employee. It’s estimated that turnover costs could be anywhere between 30% to 150% of the employee’s salary. Considering that these costs don’t generate any revenue, not many businesses can manage to maintain this expenditure.
- If you’re a job seeker and tired of dropping resumes without much positive response, find a temp employment agency to improve your chances of securing a job.
Recruitment an hiring process is often complex and involves a lot of considerations especially for specialist positions. That’s why it’s important to hire a temp agency, which can quickly and efficiently source the right person to fill a particular position. These agencies allow businesses to focus on core business functions by taking in some of the administration and management functions.