It was nearly 45 years ago when you started your post-college career teaching English at Howard, South Dakota. Your path then took you to Henry, South Dakota, West Point, Nebraska, Elkhorn, Nebraska, Saginaw, Michigan, Downingtown, Pennsylvania, and finally back to Nebraska. You have worked in the toxicolgy world in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, and Las Vegas, Nevada. In Phoenix you worked for a medical instrument repair company and finally a Medicaid insurance company. The trek, however, ends here.
Every time that you made a major change, a job agency was the solution. The moves were because of your husband’s job, but the solution for you always involved job placement agencies. It would have been easy to move from one school district to another, but once you decided to move outside of the classroom for work, it was a job agency that helped you make the transition. From helping you train for the new job skills that you would need to helping you find the best position, staffing companies have always helped you solve your career challenge.
In a time when more and more people are finding themselves looking for a new set of work skills, it is possible that an employment agency can help train you and find your next position. Consider some of these statistics about the way that staffing agencies help workers and employers fill both temporary positions, as well as part time and full time job assignments, and help companies keep the employees that they find:
- $11 billion is lost every year because of employee turnover.
- 46% of human resources professionals say retention is their greatest concern./li>
- 36% of human resources professionals say their next big concern is employee engagement.<
- Gender diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their peers and ethnically-diverse companies are 35% more likely to do the same, according to research from McKinsey?s.
- It is often more efficient to work with a staffing agency than for a company to handle all of their own employees. Background checks, reference calls, and initial interviews can often be effectively handled by a staffing agency.
- Unfortunately, the cost of employee turnover can range from 30% to 150% of the employee?s salary.