Liquid storage tanks are used for many different purposes, to hold water, chemicals, oil and fuel. Depending on the purpose for which the tank will be used, it can be made of different materials such as steel, fiberglass, polyurethane and other synthetic materials. Often tank liners are used for add safety, when it becomes necessary to safely contain chemicals.
Tanks for Liquid storage
Liquid storage tanks come in many different types, and they are made from various materials. Storage tanks for portable water are different from tanks used to store oil and fuel or to safely contain chemicals. One thing that all storage tanks have in common is that their installation and operation is governed by all kinds of regulations to ensure safety and environmental protections.
Another thing that all storage tanks have in common is that liner products can improve their safety and enhance their life span. Different kinds of storage tanks can be matched with the right liner to extend the service life of your tanks. Liners can also be used for an extra layer of protection against corrosive materials like oil, fuel gas and certain chemicals which would eat away the material of the tanks. All water storage tanks are required to have a water tank liner or protective coating.
Different kinds of containment products
Choosing the right storage and containment products is essential for all kinds of liquid storage whether you have to store potable water or safely contain chemicals. Storage tanks can also be portable or fixed.
- Collapsible tanks are easier to transport and with the appropriate kind of liner, can be used to hold oil, fuel, waste water, grey water, potable water, etc.
- Steel tanks are more permanent and can also be lined to hold various kinds of liquid and to safely contain chemicals. Steel tanks have been used to store water for over a hundred and fifty years. They last a long time and some steel tanks that are still in use are over a hundred years old.
- Polyethylene tank are most often used to store chemicals and toxic wastes. They can be made from a single piece of material, without any seams, reducing the possibility of leaks.
- Fiberglass is favored for storage tanks because as an inert material it can be used to safely store potable water and chemicals.
- Flexible folding tanks are typically placed under equipment or machinery and expand as they are filled.
Liquid storage tanks are used for different purposes in many industries, from oil and fuel gas to water treatment plants. They can also be used to store grey water or as rainwater collection tanks. With the appropriate materials and liners, liquid storage tanks can safely hold all kinds of materials necessary for residential and industrial purposes.